Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office
The work of ACMRO can best be described by the mandate which it has been given by the Bishops:
- To advise and serve the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference at both a national and international level on migrant and refugee issues, including the development of Church policy.
- To act as an official Church voice as approved by the Bishops Conference on issues relating to migrants and refugees.
- To act as a channel of communication between Diocesan Offices and the Bishops Conference.
- To provide a mechanism for effective consultation and coordination among Catholic bodies and other groups involved in migrant and refugee activities.
- To make appropriate representation to Government and other bodies on matters relating to migrants and refugees.