IN SUPPORT OF PRIESTLY MINISTRY
THE BISHOP’S FATHERS DAY APPEAL
Diocesan Clergy Support Fund
1-2 September 2012
“Support the priests, inspire new and holy vocations, help all those who give their lives to the cause of Christ and spread of his Kingdom.” (Pope John Paul II)
Father’s day is traditionally a day when we pray in thanksgiving for our fathers. Again this year Bishop Ingham wishes to use this day as an appropriate one on which to acknowledge those who through the priesthood are called “Father”. Today there will be a special collection to support the clergy of our Diocese.
The collection is a practical way in which we can acknowledge the tireless efforts of our priests on our behalf, support our sick and retired clergy, and assist the work of promoting priestly vocations. Special envelopes are provided for this collection and a credit card facility is available for your convenience.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Please note that donations are not tax-deductible.
Contributions to this Fathers Day Collection will assist in many ways, including:
- The work of the Diocesan Office for Vocations Ministry
- The promotion of vocations, especially to the priesthood in our diocese
- Care and support of our seminarians (academic fees, living expenses)
- Support of those clergy engaged in diocesan works or those supported directly by the diocese due to ill health, disability or age
- Support of retired clergy, including their housing and healthcare needs
- Support of clergy requiring nursing home or hostel care
- Provision of home help for sick or retired clergy