We are excited to announce that our Beloved – Daily Advent and Christmas Reflections 2015 book is also now available to purchase as an interactive App available to download on Apple and Android devices for only $4.49. The Beloved App includes all the text and images from the book as well as audio narrations of the reflections by the authors and the four advent psalm tracks from the Cry Out CD.
Continuing the tradition from past years and tying in with the beginning of the Pope's Jubilee Year of Mercy, the Beloved App is a digital publication containing short daily reflections from the beginning of Advent (29 November 2015) through to the Baptism of the Lord (10 January 2016) primarily for personal use, but also appropriate for group use such as parish, Church agency, religious community and school staff/class prayer.
These spiritually rich, yet accessible, daily reflections have been written by six contributors from the Diocese of Wollongong:
- Fr Stephen Varney (Assistant Priest, Lumen Christi Catholic Parishes, Wollongong)
- Trish McCarthy (Faith Education Officer, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Wollongong)
- Deacon Michael Dyer (Deacon, Lumen Christi Catholic Parishes, Wollongong)
- Sr Anne Marie Joyce OSC (Poor Clares of Bethlehem Monastery, Campbelltown)
- Fr Patrick Faherty PP VG (Vicar General and Parish Priest St Michael’s Parish, Nowra)
- Sr Hilda Scott OSB (Benedictine Abbey, Jamberoo)
The Beloved App also features beautiful religious artworks from our rich Catholic history with enlightening “artwork spotlight” descriptions written by Fr Graham Schmitzer PP (Parish Priest, Immaculate Conception Parish, Unanderra).
You can read the reflections and/or listen to audio narrations of the reflections narrated by the authors themeselves.
BONUS: Included in the Beloved App is the text for the four Sunday psalms for Advent beautifully put to music by Tracey Coombes.
Click the below icons to purchase:
Check out some screenshots from the Beloved App: