Journey 43 - Spring 2010
As this issue goes to print, we are in the last days of the federal election campaign. For a month, our nation has debated the issues that matter (hopefully) and by the time you read this message, we will have chosen a team we believe will be best able to serve the needs of Australia. As a Diocese, we have also been going through a process to consider the issues that matter to us, in our efforts to live the mission entrusted to us by God.
The enclosed pastoral planning supplement informs us about what happened at our first diocesan gathering. Since then, six working groups have been meeting to create proposed actions for discussion at our second diocesan
gathering on Saturday 18 September. It is hoped that the goals and actions we finally decide upon will breathe new life into our Diocese and effectively serve the needs of the People of God in the coming years.
It is fortuitous that while we move through our pastoral planning process, we have the opportunity to celebrate the first Australian saint to be canonised: Mary MacKillop. This issue features articles which shed light on her significant association across our region and the ways we will honour her this year.
Mary MacKillop offers us a great model for our pastoral planning. She saw a need, responded to God's call, and gave her life in service. Let us pray that through our pastoral planning we can take her approach as our inspiration.
- When Trust is Broken - a pastoral letter of Bishop Peter Ingham
- Sharing a dream - the story of Mary MacKillop in our Diocese
- Diocesan Icon commissioned
- Students off to Rome for Canonisation
- In God and for God - the spirituality of Mary MacKillop in songs and mantras by Jen Charadia
- Education Office leadership team retreat
- In Schools
- Blueprint for a better world
- Pastoral Planning Supplement - 10 pages
- The call to discipleship - Tracy Welliver visit
- A woman for all seasons
- Clergy from Diocese gather to reflect on the changing face of the priesthood
- Do you want to be a WYD pilgrim?
- Diocesan Young Adult Retreat at the Hermitage, Mittagong
- Cathedral and Co-Cathedral - a living Church at the heart of the Diocese
- The new English transaltion of the Mass
- Uncovering Illawarra's Catholic History
- Over 50,000 signed petitions show strong support for the work of Catechists
- CatholicCare news - Keeping kids in mind; friendships making a real difference
- Andre Charadia interviews Fr David Catterall
- Catholic Church Insurances feature