Continuing the tradition from past years, Emmanuel is a 72 page pocket-size book containing short daily reflections from the beginning of Advent (27 November 2016) through to the Baptism of the Lord (9 January 2017) primarily for personal use, but also appropriate for group use such as parish, Church agency, religious community and school staff/class prayer.
These spiritually rich, yet accessible, daily reflections have been written by twelve contributors from the Diocese of Wollongong:
- Sr Eileen Brown SGS (Good Samaritan Sisters, Wollongong)
- Mr Ken Bryant (Head of Catholic Life, Education and Mission Services, Catholic Education, Diocese of Wollongong)
- Fr David Catterall PP (Parish Priest, St Mary MacKillop Parish Oran Park)
- Fr Sean Cullen PP (Parish Priest, St Thomas Aquinas Parish Bowral and St Michael's Parish Mittagong)
- Fr Leo Duck (Priest in Residence, Holy Spirit Church Vincentia)
- Mr Peter Gilmore (Faith Education Officer, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Diocese of Wollongong)
- Fr Shane Kelleher OCD PP (Parish Priest, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish Varroville)
- Mrs Suzanne Marden (Team Leader for Staff Spiritual Formation, Catholic Education, Diocese of Wollongong)
- Miss Trish McCarthy (Faith Education Officer, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Diocese of Wollongong)
- Fr Christopher G Sarkis PP (Parish Priest, Our Lady Help of Christians Parish Rosemeadow)
- Sr Hilda Scott OSB (Benedictine Abbey Jamberoo)
- Fr Graham Schmitzer PP (Parish Priest, Immaculate Conception Parish Unanderra)
Emmanuel also features beautiful religious artworks from the Masters such as Duccio, Caravaggio and Fra Angelico with enlightening “artwork spotlight” descriptions written by Fr Graham Schmitzer PP.
Many customers buy bulk copies of the book for family and friends as an alternative to Christmas cards. We have included a page in the book for you to write your Christmas gift message.
Delivery is expected to begin in the first week of November.
Please note, if you live in the Diocese of Wollongong, please check with your parish, school, agency or religious order before ordering as they may be ordering copies on your behalf.